Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Next up: Finding your ass... with both hands at once!

ME: Okay, I'm going to have to send deskside support out. What building are you in?
CALLER: Oh, I don't know, you know the south side of the lot?
ME: I'm in Pennsylvania. You're in Texas.
CALLER: Oh... well... it's the old engineering building.
ME: Is that what it's known as?
CALLER: Oh, I don't know. Perhaps.
ME: Is that the official name of the building?
CALLER: Well, it once was the central engineering building.
ME: Well, what do people call it? I need to tell people where you are.
CALLER: Can you just take people's names?
ME: I've got your name here, but I'd like to get a building name too.
CALLER: Well, actually, I was going to say John Smitty's name. Everybody knows him. I work near him.
ME: *thinking "I don't know John Smitty, asswipe"*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF.... where are you Benito??? Nothing fun going on in the wild wonderfule world of BCBS????

Here's one for you then:

User: There is a message on my sceen that shows me that my laptop offline files have finished synching. What should I do?
Me: Click ok on that screen, that's just a status message. It means the synch went without error.
User: Click ok on the screen?
Me: yes
user: click ok on that screen?
Me: *slightly concerned now* yes, just click ok....
user: It's not working, the message won't go away
me: um, is it frozen? can you move your mouse?
user: I can move the mouse easily enough, I just don't know why I have to click ok on the screen, I usually just do that from my mouse pad
me: what? you mean your... no, just click like you normally do, just click the ok button
user: but you said click on screen ok

She was actually lifting the mouse, putting OVER TOP OF THE OK BUTTON ON THE SCREEN and clicking ok.

In her defense, she did say she'd never used a laptop before, and though that it might be different.

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home