Monday, January 30, 2006

Hokey pokey

CALLER: Hi, I was trying to use the online service to request a phone move. The webpage gave an error saying that it had failed, so I tried again. After I'd tried three times, I doublechecked and found out that it had created the requests anyway. Could you kill those extra requests for me?
ME: Sure, will do.
ME: *Locates all three work tickets. My manager has already rubberstamped all three over to the local phone group*
ME: *Shrugs, pulls two work tickets away from phone group to close*
ME: *Waits for it to refresh, then tries to close ticket*
ME: *Receives failure because manager has sent tickets back to phone group*
ME: *Shakes head in disgust. Adds note to each ticket explaining that extra tickets were created and that I'm reassigning to close*
ME: *Waits for it to refresh, then tries to close ticket*
ME: *Receives failure. Discovers that manager has reassigned ticket again*
ME: (via instant messaging) Hey, I'm trying to kill that phone ticket
MANAGER: (via instant messaging) Oh, I didn't know that one was the extra one. Sorry
ME: *Shakes head in disgust, discovers that manager had only sent over one of the two this time*
ME: *Gives up, closes tickets with phone group as if tickets were successful*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home