Thursday, January 12, 2006

Too much free time?

CALLER: Hi, I need to talk to Rich
ME: Okay, are you following up on a previous call?
CALLER: Yes
ME: Let me see if I can get his attention *click!* *type!*
A MINUTE PASSES...
ME: Okay, Rich doesn't seem to be responding to instant messaging. Could you give me a second to just hop over to his desk and grab him?
CALLER: Not a problem!
ME: Be right back... *puts phone on hold*
A MINUTE PASSES...
ME: Sorry about that, I looked all over for him, but Rich doesn't seem to be available at the moment. If you just give me a second, I can help you out myself *click!*
CALLER: Sure!
A MINUTE PASSES...
ME: Ooookay, I'm looking here, and I don't see an open ticket for you. Would you mind telling me what you're calling in about?
CALLER: Oh, well I was talking with Rich the other day, and I told him how when I open Lotus Notes sometimes, I get an error. He asked me what the error was, and I didn't remember it, so he told me that next time I got the error, that I should call in.
ME: Okay, and what does that error say?
CALLER: Oh, I don't know. I rebooted today, and I didn't get the error. I just called to tell Rich I hadn't forgotten, but I didn't get the error today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home